Has anyone considered the liability of running very high power mobile?
What if you're running a KW, and gave a call on 20M.  Suddenly,  the guys
brakes in the vehicle next to you locked up causing a multiple vehicle
crash?
I realize this is an extremely hypothetical and unlikely case, but these
smart vehicle computer systems can't be all THAT immune to all sorts of RFI.

I know the cruise control my 2000 Dakota would mysteriously jump 5 MPH if I
keyed up with only 25 watts on 222MHz.
It would return to it's previous setting when I un-keyed.   VERY
disconcerting eh?

73, Charlie k3ICH

This begs the question: Why KX3s with KPA500s? That is what I use in my
mobile station and it provides about 250W due to the FCC amplifier gain
requirements. I am fine with it, as that is what I have and higher power may
affect the vehicle. I have seen someone post a modification to remove an
attenuator in the amp and recalibrate the power meter, but I would assume
that Elecraft will not be allowed to do that, as the FCC Cert holder.

73,

Mark
W7MLG