Paul,

I believe you mistook the 'direction' of DDOS attack I was talking
about.

The K4 would not be the target of a DDOS attack, but rather an unwitting
participant in launching a DDOS attack as part of robot army of IoT
devices.

Thousands of hacked IoT devices are for rent on the dark web, for any
script kiddie that wants to attack a particular target.

Also, it may be popular to use hacked web sites, or various documents
with trojan horse loads to deliver ransom ware or bitcoin miners, but
there are other known vectors, including various open ports found while
scanning.  It may be the a router would be able to block access, but the
very peer-to-peer nature of the K4 (controlling other K4's or being
controlled by another K4 or PC, tablet, etc, means that routers would
need to allow certain inbound connections through the router or
firewall.  These allow for interesting attack vectors, which will
certainly be exercised, if possible.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE