I got to see the Buddy Pole antenna for first time at FD last weekend. Very impressed in quality of materials and ease of installation. It was set up for 40m and I helped them tune it by use of my MFJ-269B antenna tuner. The loading coil arrangement was a little awkward, I thought. By nicer to have a roller inductor for quicker adjustment. A single radial wire was used and 2:1 balun to get 1.2 SWR. Stepped 1:1/2:1/4:1 balun was nice. Buddy tripod and fabric carrying case had me thinking this would be handy for portable operation with my RV at CG's.

I do not operate HF mobile so that would save having an antenna on the truck (its outfitted with 2m/70cm whip, 6m whip, and 2m horizontal loop for SSB).

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com