Since I run mostly digital eme (JT65) my computer time accuracy needs are pretty strick (<1 second). For years I used dimension 4 and switched to BktTimeSync (from IZ2BKT) last four years to utilize GPS time using a cheap USB dongle GPS unit.

BktTime can sync to NTP off the Internet or from a GPS. Or have both running. I run with NTP turned off and GPS Sync on startup so I do not need an Internet connection. I have another computer for Internet/e-mail/loggers, etc.

Just booted the computer and got an update of 1.903000 seconds. Next sync shifted time -0.027000 seconds. I have it set for sync every ten minutes which keeps time within about 0.2 seconds which is more than adequate for synchronous digital modes (like JT65 or FT8).

I do not use the clock in my K3 so rarely update it. Logging is manual using computer time.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com