Bill is touching on an issue I've raised before: A way to select multiple ATU settings for the same frequency and antenna output. I had to build a tri-band tuner to switch between my two tribanders so they would both present the amplifier with the same impedance. The internal ATU would have been able to do that, if only there were a way to store and recall two different sets of settings. In the case of automated antenna switching systems like mine, there also has to be a way to electronically tell the amplifier which settings to use: Having to press a front panel switch is not acceptable, as that would require two operations to switch antennas, which is way too slow. (I sometimes have to flip the antenna switch several times during a call to determine which antenna to use.)

73,
Scott K9MA