YES, on my KX3.. I have seen (when I change modes, often) that I have zero ALC (not 4/5 bars).  IF I turn the mike gain up, still zero.  AT THIS POINT, I turn the mike gain to zero and start turning it up.  The mike gain was too high and starting over works...  FT8 is working again.  I also run wsjt-x with 20db att so that I have "range" with the mike gain.  OR what ever it might be with the K3...

73, steve WB3LGC