First off, I question the legality of renting a ham station for profit (which this example seems to be). But it seems to be done for renting stations in exotic (rare DX) locations with no heart attack by hamdom. Treated as vacation rentals.

But owning your own remote located station using internet control from our room in assisted living seems a viable alternative.

Many of these senior facilities ban use of RF devices due to RFI concerns with pace maker users or medical equipment. Maybe one could use a 5w HT. External antennas are problem-some. My concept was installing my ham station in a "toy hauler" trailer with crank-up tower that could be moved and located in a convenient location. Also, handy as emmcom station.

Also, some ham groups form a kind of club to jointly own a "super station" which members share. Such a group in Switzerland own a 45-foot dish which they share using for eme. But organized as not-for-profit.

I do expect any contest/award operations to claim the physical transmitter location (instead of the remote operator's qth).

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com