I had the same problem about one years ago. I have two SP3 loudspeakers, on
on each receiver or both speakers, ore one receiver with the K3S audio
effects that use both loudspeakers.
The switch scratched when changing channel and it attenuated the audio
signals.

Keep in mind that the SP3 speaker switches only switch speaker signal.
You Cannot Switch A Small-signal With A Switch.
Switches need a little DC (1mA probably sufficient) to "burn clean" the contacts.

I suspect that a 10K resistor from the speaker output to +12V will cause the desired 1mA to do the cleaning. Looking at the schematics, this isn't easy because R1 and R63 on the K3IO board are in the way. So, you need to add a bipolar capacitor in series, and resistors to +12V to make it happen. Don't be surprised if operating the switch will "click" a bit but 1mA is well within safe limits for the speaker.

If you don't want to do through this, disconnect the K3, connect the same 10K resistor and operate the switch a few times.

Elecraft isn't the only to make this design mistake - I have some Yaesu speakers that did suffer the same problem and that were remedied the same way.

Since the K4 comes with a SP4 speaker that looks similar - I wonder if this design issue was addressed for the K4?

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG