I don't think they use KSM any longer.  Both KPH and KFS are active and assigned to Global HFnet LLC, and I think the museum society worked out some deal for perpetual usage of the calls and working frequencies by the museum site.  At least that's what RD told me.  KSM is still active in ULS assigned to MRHS.  KPH also sends it's wheel on several HF working frequencies.

Prior to starting manned operations from Pt. Reyes each Sat, they have KFS on 426 Kc [I think] for an hour or so of 25 WPM "Free Press" at 5 KW sent from the Bolinas TX site.  Excellent source of CW practice if you can hear it.  Years ago, I practiced by listening to KOK in Los Angeles which was only 10 miles or so from home and very strong.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County