Can you fill us in on exactly what versions of macOS and WSJT-X youare trying
to use?
Also, did you pay attention to the release notes for WSJT-X and use the correct
values in /etc/sysctl.conf?(I was bitten - badly - by that myself!). I'm still
on Mojave (10.14.6), so if you're on Catalina, YMMV.
Go into (black Apple icon) -> About This Mac -> System Report -> USBand make
sure that it sees/enumerates the General Purpose USB Hub, the USB Audio
CODEC,and the FT232R USB UART that are connected to your KX3. I'm using a K3
withthe updated KIO3B, etc. so I don't specifically know if the KX3 is
configured in exactlythe same manner, but I would think that it would be
somewhat similar overall; I donot need any other connections, such as the mic
input jacks. Also, make sure tonote what the serial number of the FT232R is, as
there is a device special file,e.g. /dev/tty.usbserial-A1234567, that is
created for that particular device, and thatis what you should be specifying to
WSJT-X->Preferences->Radio for your rig controls.The WSJT-X->Preferences->Audio
should, of course, be set to "USB CODEC" BUTWSJT-X may/should initially ask to
allow connection to the mic input and you shouldanswer "YES". (Yeah, that was
kind of counter-intuitive to me, too...)
There had been a lot of discussion about this in the WSJT-X Yahoo! Group but
they just (finally)shifted over to a Groups.io group and I suspect/fear that
much of this sort of informationhas been (temporarily?) lost.
HTH and 73,
Brandy, N1HO

    On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 07:27:30 PM EST, AB7WE <barack...@hotmail.com>