John,

Do you tend to move the K-Pod frequently? If so, that could be a reason for cable or connector failure.

Try holding the cable an inch or so from the connector (do that at each end). Move the cable back and forth a bit - see if that induces the fail/no-fail situation. If so, a cable replacement is in order.

73,
Don W3FPR