At first I read KXPA100, not KPA100. Of course the KXPA100 was designed to be a companion to the KX3.

I have one and drive it with either my KX3 or K3/10 (10w version of the K3).

I suppose one could build an interface from KX3 to KPA100. Basic need would be PTT, RF drive, and Band switching.

Years ago, I bought the 100w PA module for a HF mobile with thoughts to make a "cheap 100w amp". Never got around to it.

I did build some CCI HF kits (300w and 140w) but finally decided on the KXPA100/KXTA100 combo.
http://www.kl7uw.com/fs.htm

KX3+KXPA100 works nice in my mobile on HF/6m.  http://www.kl7uw.com/Mobile.htm

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com