"To be listed as Class A, all contacts must be
made with transmitter(s) and receiver(s) operating independent of commercial power mains."

IN the past... I DO remember that IF a computer was used for logging it could be on "mains". Time was ... computers didn't control the rig while logging. Also digital modes change things.

I looked at the rules and "I" could not find the "loggin with mains power" anymore... There was a time "alt power solar" had to be 5W, too... I used "find" in pdf .

73, steve WB3LGC