I have an SS-30DV. I don't know if this helps you, but...

In this weather, shack temp typically 80F and more, the fan is audible all the time, even under very light load. I'm not sure what temperature it turns on.

In winter, shack temp 50F, the fan is off. I don't recall hearing it run at all, even when I've been operating the K3/100 CW for a while; maybe it runs at a lower speed that I don't hear. (I'm kind of sensitive to fan noise; replaced the original K3 fans because they sometimes kicked in with a very faint rattling sound.)

Anyhow, if I were you I'd turn a hair dryer on the thing and see if the fans go on at all.

73,
Drew
AF2Z