Had a strange signal on 50.313 a couple days ago. To memory it was centered on 1500 Hz and about 1000-Hz wide. I went about looking for sources and disconnecting cables. With all antenna connections disconnected it was still there (oh bad). But I also wondered if a setting might have changed to produce it. Recently a question about setting up FT8 on the K3 had me going thru my settings so I rechecked them. Strangely clicking XFIL button cleared the display of the interfering signal.

Hmm I said to myself, noting that button also controls DUAL PB. Could activating dual-PB in DATA-A mode produce this "effect"? Attempting to reproduce it with the XFIL/DUAL PB button was unsuccessful (which is OK). So this remains a mystery signal (apparently internal to the K3)?

Experts any guesses on what it was?

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail: