My K3 SN 4340 bought in 2010 apparently has a failure in the RS232 I/F.

My computer says the FDTI cable is working and using com port-6 but there is no connection using the K3 Utility or WSJT-X which was running fine in July. The radio no longer keys up on computer boot-up as before. I bought another FDTI USB/RS232 conversion cable and it does not work wit the K3, either. I checked the com port and cable via Device Manager and both are shown as working with no problems. I even used my second computer to test the cables (also showing working well). Computers are i5 running win10pro64.

I contacted Elecraft Service Dept on Friday so waiting to hear back from them.

I gave a passing thought to just upgrade to the KIO3B but it totals $437.80 before shipping. I don't really need the USB I/F for my use of the K3. I use two com ports to support control of the K3 (I won't bother you with details) to run MAP65 and TRAKBOX programs simultaneously. But just have the single com port recently in use with WSJT-X.

I guess I wonder if anyone else has had this failure?

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com