> I have a Linksys WRT54G which is about three years old. It produces so much
> noise that I can't even listen to the local BCB station on 700KHz.

Try to configure all your ports to be 10 mbit ethernet, not 100 mbit.
With some equipment, you can configure ports this way,
with other equipment, you can configure the link partner
to be this way, and with bad luck you'll need an old 10mbit-only hub.

Chances are it makes a difference. 100BASE-TX uses signalling that
uses a wide spectrum, 10BASE-T is manchester encoding which spikes
every 5 MHz and in some cases I was able to fix noise problems
this way.

Oh, and you did try to disconnect all ethernet wires to see if it
makes a difference, yes?

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG