Yea, Good news.    Get some sleep though.   TU Doug EI2CNSent from my Samsung
Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> Date:
08/10/2020  16:59  (GMT+00:00) To: John Shingara <lurch...@gmail.com> Cc:
Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4
replacement? Sorry for the infrequent communications from our end. We're all
working OT on manufacturing ramp-up.Eric will be doing an update very
soon.73,WayneN6KR> On Oct 8, 2020, at 8:46 AM, John Shingara
<lurch...@gmail.com> wrote:> > Tom,> > The Kenwood TS-890 is on my short list
should I grow too impatient waiting for the K-4.  I have almost pulled the
trigger many times on it.  > > That said, earlier in this waiting process I
bought a Flex 6400M and almost immediately regretted it.  Great radio, but not
an Elecraft and not for me.  I sold it and am now focusing on working my KX3
and KX2 QRP in the field.  Getting a new shiny transceiver now is wonderful,
but if it isn’t the one you really want, you may have buyers remorse later.
Luckily I only lost about $400 on my Flex folly.  I’m waiting for the K4 and
I’m in the second group so I still have a long wait.  Maybe this time next
year.  > > John> WB3EYB > >> On Oct 8, 2020, at 11:28 AM, Tom Doligalski via
Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> wrote:>> >> I am a bit depressed about the
lack of feedback from Elecraft about the K4. I’ve sent emails to Eric and
Wayne, with no response. Telephone calls to Elecraft seem to indicate they have
no idea either about what is going on. I am in the first group for the K4, but
think this is unlikely to ever ship!>> >> In the meantime, I am running my
K3/P3/KPA500/KTA500. Works well.>> >> So, the purpose of this email is to
generate information about what I should purchase to replace the K3. My
predominant operation is high speed CW, so ask is very important to me.>> >>
Maybe the Kenwood? >> >> Your thoughts are solicited!>> >> Tom W4KX>>