Conrad and all:

Another reason I am glad that I chose the 2.8 KHz and 400 Hz filters when I purchased my K3 in 2010.

I do not use the 2nd IF when I run 2m-eme (JT65B under MAP65). In fact I have FL3 open (no filter) and select it in diversity mode to reduce zero frequency "suck out" on the MAP65 spectrum screen. I tap off the 1st IF from both main and subRx to feed dual SDR's before the filters.

But running either WSJT-10 or WSJT-X I do use line out audio with 2.8 KHz filter selected in DATA Mode. I run this on 6m and 23cm eme.

It seems that the stock 2.7kHz filter is the culprit. Confirmed privately by 2 EME operators and by Jim K9YC. So I will buy a couple of Inrad 2.8kHz filters.

73

Conrad PA5Y

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com