I have a question about the XG3 signal generator. I’m setting it up for some
troubleshooting and tracing on my K2 (issues with 160 module installation) and
I have a TEK 453 scope that I barely understand how to set up properly. I got
the unit from the TEK museum here in Portland,OR and it was completely
refurbished and calibrated by the guys there. The issue is that when I connect
the XG3 to the scope (just for observation and practice before I connect it to
the K2) it seems to be just outputting a straight line like a DC voltage.
Shouldn’t it be showing a waveform either square or sine? I tried connecting
it to an older scope just to check and same results. What am I missing? I’ve
played with the scope controls by it’s quite likely I’m missing something
obvious!

Dan Presley 503-701-3871
danpresley@me. com
n7...@arrl.net