Lets see, you know enough how to set up audio for running FT8 (wsjt-x) but not enough to disable alert tones??

Actually my solution is easier: I have a separate computer for running my ham radio programs so never need to hear that computer "burp". Internet and e-mail done on a separate computer where I can enable sound if I want (most of the time speaker is cancelled). I have a FM radio for music. Occasionally, I want to hear audio with a video and enable speaker for that.

Currently using the soundcard (Realtek) in the computer for digital modes (but not very satisfactory as gain is not leveled and has a lot of noise below 200-Hz). Eventually will get my new A/D going (UADC4) which will drive with baseband audio from my LP-Pan(SDR) running on the K3 1st IF.

With my old winXP computer I used a emu0202 soundcard or a Delta44 (but neither are supported by win10).

Now run two Dell Inspiron i5 with separate monitors.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com