I have a very old Sony MDR-V600 which is not noise cancelling but great sound and muffs very comfortable over my over-ear hearing aids. I bought the Antlion boom mic which uses a small earth magnet cemented to the head phones to mount the boom mic. I don't use the mic very much in the shack, but the headphone hang on a coat hook by my radio cabinet for frequent use. Boom mic is intended for outdoor use in portable operation with my KX3. I tested the mic on air with my K3 and got good reports with it.

I also got a Senheiser noise-cancelling headphone but were not as comfortable as my Bose QC-2 (which I use mainly on aircraft). I gave the Senheiser to my wife.

I tried the Yamaha with boom mic but they caused my hearing aids to oscillate (howl) whenever I put them on (so I sold it).

Get a good quality stereo headphone that are comfortable (over the ear muffs for better noise isolation).

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com