-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:57 AM
To: David Douglass; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Amp keying circuit K2

David,

Best solution: Change the output transistor to a mosfet device which will be
capable of handling the higher voltage. See the .pdf from Tom Hammond's
website - http://www.n0ss.net/k2_basic_8r_line_t-r_adapter.pdf for the
re-designed output device (HEXFET).  It will require changing one of the
resistors in the present keying circuit as well as the output device.

Another solution would be to use the present amp keying circuit (and a power
supply) to key a relay - use the relay contacts to key the amp.  Depending
on the speed of the relays, that may slow things down a bit and you will
cause problems with QSK keying.

73,
Don W3FPR