Randy wrote:

> ... 20m sounded very quiet.  I could only hear a handful of signals and
> all of those, as well as the noise level, were way down.

Randy, there have been a lot of reports of 20m hetrodyne crystal failures on
the KFL1-4.  Can you hear a good strong 22 MHz (+/- 10 kHz) signal in another
receiver (with antenna wire looped near the RF PCB) when 20m is selected on
your K1?

See you at the Huntsville, AL, hamfest two weekends from now.

73,
Mike / KK5F