Heil Sound stopped selling HC4 and HC5 mike elements many years ago. (10 years
ago?)

I think part of the rationale was that modern rigs have built-in equalizers
that eliminated the need for a crystal microphone with a tailored response.

> On Feb 22, 2022, at 9:03 PM, Don Wilhelm <d...@w3fpr.com> wrote:
>
> I have used electric elements in the D104 and they worked quite well.
> If you want a dynamic element, I suggest the HC4 or HC5 from Heil Sound.  I
> don't know if Heil is still selling those mic elements separately, but they
> do work well in the D104 (and other mics).

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa...@arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901