I believe all electrets will have high freq response well beyond 15K... way past bell labs'  300-3000 cps voice response.

And it looks like all the most inexpensive mics do use the electret elements. They might not have a lot of bottom end...  but "we" don't need that anyway . Then add in that the K3 & K4 have an equalizer..and most anything resembling a microphone could be made to sound ok.

I see that the "fancy" electret with a boom and accessories has hit a new low price.....  19.98 SHIPPED !!!!

    NEWEGG is selling one of a million versions of the BM-800. Google bm-800 and loo see.

It does plug into the back of a k3/k4 with no special cables needed.

I bought one a few years ago ( 29$ amazon) to see how bad it was ...and surprised it works fine.

bill