On 2022-03-22 02:24, F5vjc wrote:
What is the advantage of using a band switching cable between the
transceiver and the KPA500 over just relying on the RF sensing function?

Do you trust that RF sensing function? REALLY trust it? Because if you transmit into the wrong LPF, it can be Game Over for the PA transistors. I went through three sets of expensive LDMOS devices on my Medium Linear project before I bit the bullet
and hooked up the band data from my FTDX10.

With the band data hooked up, the linear is always set to the correct band. Even before
you transmit.

                      - Jerry KF6VB

I want to drive my KPA500 from an FTDX 101D, is a cable the better way to
go?

73 F5VJC

Message delivered to je...@tr2.com