Hi Jerry,

The CW signal from TUNE (or ATU TUNE) is *truly* continuous, not pulsed on
and off to spell things in Morse. It's like holding down a straight key,
except it's a toggle so you still have both hands free. As Lee noted, you
can ID before or after tuning, or just roll it into your next transmission
on the same frequency.

In CW mode, the KX3 can be keyed by a key, paddles, keyer memory, or serial
port. If VOX is on, the rig always transmits when keyed. If VOX is off,
XMIT manually toggles whether the rig transmits when keyed. The latter is
useful if you're operating on a crowded desk and bumping the key or paddle
between transmissions is a possibility.

73,

Julie