Some time ago I installed the PN2222 amp mod to my KSB2 board to increase the
10 meter SSB output on my QRP K2.  Later I added the KPA100.  John (KI6WX) said
the KSB2 amp mod was no longer needed since adequate output is obtained on 10
meters.  I have since removed this PN2222 amp mod.
However, at the time I had the mod installed I had to do another mod suggested
by Gary Surrency to keep the balanced modulator from overdriving the ALC when
using PTT.  This KSB2 mod replaces R9 with a 1.5K resistor and a 1K resistor is
placed across a cut trace between Q1's base and pin 6 of P1 connector.  I am
wondering if I should undo this mod since I no longer have the PN2222 amp mod.
I am not aware of any adverse effect on my SSB signal.   Roy Morris  W4WFB
Checked by AVG Free Edition.