On 04/09/2022 09:37, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
I looked up the Owner's Manual for the Z100A and it does not have
a "Molex" connector on the tuner.  The radio interface cable is a
miniDIN6.  The manual also does not list a cable for K3 (or any
Elecraft transceiver) - only the "IC106" cable for connecting power.

The DIN connector has 4 active pins it seems - plus and minus power, a signal that should trigger the transceiver if you press the tune button to trigger the radio to make RF, and a signal that indicates the tuning process is complete.

None of the indication signals directly interface with the K3.

As others already said, I don't think the K3 has an interface for either of these signals. The procedure would then be:
1. reduce output power on K3
2. press TUNE on K2 to start generating RF
3. Press TUNE on tuner to make it start a tune cycle
4. Tuner will indicate completion of cycle
5. Press TUNE to stop K2 generating power.
6. Restore RF power setting.

There is no integration between the K3 and the Z100A unfortunately.

LDG makes many tuner models, some actually talk to the radio to do part of the above process automatically.

My suggestion is to join the LDG group at
https://groups.io/g/ldgelectronics

73, Geert Jan PE1HZG