On 04/12/2022 21:11, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
in one of my K3 radios, AF, SUB, RF/SQL and SUB knobs turn all aroun, no
limits on right and left side
Couldn`t figure out if I need a phillips or ALE instrument to fix it and if
this will fix it properly

The screws of the knobs are 0.050" allen key, per K3 assembly manual (page 21).

But (based on experience with my K3), the volume knobs themselves on early K3 may split open. Remove the knob and see if the potmeter (these are potmeters, not encoders on K3) itself has the correct stops. Unless you bumped the knobs the potmeters are generally OK.

The knobs are an Elecraft-specific design. If you're in a hurry, there are alternatives made out of metal (but Eric doesn't like them and I agree with him there, barring availability!). There has been discussion on this on the list a few years back with part numbers and all.

The potmeters themselves are not Elecraft design but hard to obtain. Your best bet is to ascertain what is actually broken and take it from there.

Geert Jan