[Submitted this earlier today with a picture attached of "how I made mine", however it seems the picture is causing the message to bounce, so now sending w/o picture]

Is your K2 one with a PA Key out?  If so, just an RCA cable and a coax
jumper.

If your K2 is a K2/100 then it will have PA key out as the KPA100 provides it. If your K2 is a K2/10 (without KPA100), then, to ponder:

On https://ftp.elecraft.com/K2/Mod%20Notes%20Alerts/K2%20Amplifier%20Keying%20Circuit.pdf there is an application note from Wayne on how to build a simple circuit to get this PA KEY output. The application note suggests adding a small PCB inside the K2.

Notice that the connector of the KIO2 ("do not connect a straight through cable") has all the signals that Wayne's circuit needs. So, it is possible to build this PA key out circuit on a small PCB that fits inside the hood of a DE9 connector, the one that connects to the KIO2 connector. Hence, it is possible to build a "KIO2 special cable" that houses the PA KEY circuit, and also provides connectivity to pin 2, 3, 5 (only these pins!) so that a RS232 device can be connected, and not make any change to the K2 itself.

And there would not be a need to drill a hole in the K2 casing, find place for Wayne's circuit - it all fits in the cabling that connects to the K2, and, at the same time, protects the non-RS232 signals of the KIO2 connector.

In my "special cable dongle", sharp eyes will see some deviations: I did not connect the RS232 pins because my transverters don't need it, but I did add a 3rd transistor (2nd 2N2222) and a LED to indicate when the PA KEY circuit is activated. A red LED now lights when the K2 activates the TX PA circuit.

And if you have done the Unspeakable and connected a RS232 device via a full-wired straight cable, then you may find http://folk.uio.no/sverre/LA3ZA/blog/K2/N0SS/k2_wrong_ser_cbl_damage.pdf of interest. Note that updating a K2 to the "B" revision makes a number of changes that, at least in theory, should reduce some of the damage done. It is still best to NEVER make this mistake, though.

73, Geert Jan PE1HZG