> Regarding the question about KX3-->KXPA100-->KPA1500:  Be careful.  All
> amplifiers generate some distortion that wasn't present at the input. Each
> succeeding amplifier amplifies that distortion.

There are a couple of interesting articles here that discuss the design,
construction and use of filters between transmitter and amplifier designed to
prevent the amplification of the “junk” - unwanted harmonics and phase noise
from the transmitter:

https://kitsandparts.com/W3NQN_filter.php

I've seen several QST reviews recently with lab notes to the effect “not
recommended for use with an amplifier” because of the uncleanliness of the
transmitted signal.  This is an issue of increasing concern given some of the
dirty signals we’ve all heard on the air.

Steve
AA8AF