Allan,

The first thing to suspect is the wattmeter diodes in the KAT2 - I would arbitrarily replace them - they are 1N5711 type.  That should cure your power setting vs. actual power problem. Set the 2 pots on the KAT2 as instructed in the manual after replacing the diodes. In fact, remove the KAT2 until you get the rest of the K2 working, then check the power setting vs. the actual power output.  The wattmeter diodes may be at fault, but eliminate the KAT2 until after you have the base K2 working properly.

As for you other problem of RX not working, yes a BFO reading of All zeros says something is wrong with the BFO (or the probe) - fix that first before going onto the ATU/power output problems. It is possible that U11 or one of its components has failed. Again fix that first.  Remove the KAT2 and work into a 50 ohm dummy load until that is resolved.

Check the K2 internal probe by trying it into TP1 or TP3 to make sure it is working.  If the probe has a fault, it may be leading you down the wrong path.  Remove the heatsink and check for a broken connection at either end of the capacitor.  It that is the case, you can use any 10pF capacitor - I use a disk ceramic with both leads spread out to make the connections.

73,
Don W3FPR