Hi Al,

The "Bible" on this subject that has been used for many years by the telecommunications industry is Motorola's "R56, Standards and Guidelines for Communications Sites":

https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/Lands_ROW_Motorola_R56_2005_manual.pdf

It's kind of complicated, but it's what you have to do if you really want to protect your site.  Of special interest are Chapter 4 "External Grounding (Earthing)", Chapter 5 "Internal Grounding (Earthing)", and Chapter 7 "Surge Protective Devices".

Alan N1AL