On one of my K3's the Powerpole receptacle got flaky. Turn the radio on, and then wiggle the plug  to see if it drops out.  I resoldered where the receptacle pins mate with the circuit board inside, but I still had to use a tie-wrap to hold the plug in a certain position.  I'll fix it the right way one of these years.

Good luck!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ