I have a very good friend who has done a million nice things for me over the
years. He is currently making do with a Heil Pro-Micro one-sided headset that
badly needs replacement. The black foam mic “wind arrester” has disintegrated
and rains nasty black dust whenever you touch it.

He just purchased a nice Icom IC-7410, and he has a birthday coming up. I’d
like to give him a good two-ear headset. Does the 7410 have a mic gain problem
with regard to dynamic mics?

Regardless, I’d appreciate some first-hand experience suggestions for a good
comfortable ragchew-friendly headset with a maximum price of $150. The only two
sources I’d like to avoid are China and Heil.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Cheers!

Richard Kunc
W4KBX