Not really.  He asked about the KAT3, not the K3.  The KAT3 can handle some very wide impedances, but the question is can it handle full power from the K3 when it sees a high SWR at the output.  For example, how much power can the KAT3 handle for 10 minutes when trying to match an SWR of 10:1?  Maybe it can handle 100 watts for 10 minutes at that kind of SWR, but I can't find any spec that says so.  The KAT3 manual is an assembly manual only.

Dave   AB7E

On 10/11/2023 10:04 PM, Mark Musick wrote:
 From the K3 and K3S manuals:
Duty Cycle     CW and SSB modes, 100% 10-min. 100W key-down at 25 C ambient

I think this answers the question.

73,
Mark, WB9CIF

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of ken.k...@gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 16:51
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Digital mode power handling for KAT3

Hello.  I recently bought a very nice K3 from a friend.  It has the KAT3 auto-tuner
installed.  Due to the duty cycle of most digital modes, most, if not all, external auto
tuners are "de-rated" for digital modes.  I haven't been able to find any
reference to this for the KAT3.  Does anyone know the power handling capability of the
KAT3 for digital modes?

Thanks in advance.

73,
Ken, KJ9B