Unfortunately, with the high population density in my immediate neighborhood,
especially with 150+ condominium apartments right next door, I have a difficult
time getting a reliable wi-fi connection to my home network. I'm about 900 feet
(240m) west of the Intracoastal Waterway, and have 2, 3, 5 and 7 floor condo
buildings between me and the ICW. To the north, west and south, I have
single-family homes. Along the south (i.e., rear) side of our house lot, I have
7.5kV 3-phase power lines overhead, which feed the homes on the block south of
us; we're fed by underground feeders installed 2 years ago. To make matters
more interesting, we have a steel "ridgepole" running the length of the house,
atop the actual conventional wooden ridgepole, which supports the curved
concrete tiles at the top of the roof. I suspect that noise is coupling from it
onto my TWP Ethernet line as well. I used the simple/cheap MFJ clamp-on chokes
at both the shack end and the end in the den where it's plugged into the ISP's
modem/router. Basically, I'm doing the best I can with what I've got.
73,
Brandy, N1HO (EL96xh)
    On Wednesday, March 13, 2024 at 12:24:24 PM EDT, Victor Rosenthal