Alex,

Use your DVM to measure the voltage at the wiper of the reflected
potentiometer - adjust for a minimum.  If the minimum is high, then check
your work - the diode orientation, the winding of the bifilar transformer,
and other components in the circuit (look at the schematic to identify the
related components).

73,
Don W3FPR