Several issues have arisen of late in regard to tools and modules while
building Elecraft gear. I'd like to add my two cents' worth with my experiences.
    First, I just built and installed the DSP module in my K2/100, and I'm
elated with the results. I don't think it can be stressed enough just how much
the denoiser adds to the enjoyment of both cw and SSB reception! It is ideal,
of course, for SSB noise filtering and interference limiting, but the denoiser
is really nice to have for cw as well. The little noise limiter module has its
specific uses, but the DSP unit is well worth the price that originally stopped
me from including it with all the other modules I've added. I say don't
hesitate, buy it.
   Regarding cut wires from components flying all over the place, I have a pair
of flush-cutting diagonal cutters that include an added spring clip against the
interior of the jaws. When the wire is cut, most of the time that clip catches
and holds the cut piece so you can bring it back up and remove it by hand or
just drop it into an appropriate container. I've used that for all my building
and never had problems with cut ends flying around. The cutters are Xcelite
brand, model 175M, widely available at a reasonable price.
    It was mentioned awhile back that the Radio Shack regulated soldering
station is not grounded. That's not exactly correct. It is true there is no
grounded plug on the power cord, but at the back of the base is a socket for
plugging in a ground wire specifically for grounding the tip. I've used that
iron to build complete K1, KX1 and K2/100 kits, plus other Elecraft modules,
and it works just fine. The only potential drawback is that the tip is not
replaceable, but it is supposed to be a lifetime tip and to this day looks just
like when I bought it. The size of the tip evidently is fine, because it has
worked well even with my shaky hands in the tight spots.
    Finally, I'll add my encouragement to those who've already stressed there's
no such thing on the Forum as a stupid question, and that we really want to
hear from and encourage newcomers to ask anything related to this wonderful
product and its use. The experts available here (not me) always respond with
clear, concise answers. I read them all, even though I've completed the
building phase.
    As a matter of fact, I'm getting desperate for more goodies to build.
C'mon, guys, give us more of these fantastic Elecraft products!
    73,  Dale - K6PJV
    Sacramento, CA.