Ken asked:

>With the sunspot cycle soon to be on the upswing, I'm
>wondering if Elecraft has any plans to offer 10 and 15
>meter options for the KX1.

The AD9834 DDS chip in the KX1 is clocked at its maximum rate of 50 MHz.  The
highest relatively clean frequency that can be generated from a DDS is about
one-third of its clock rate (about 16 MHz).  Thus, the KX1 design can NOT be
adapted to cover ham bands above 20 meters.

The coverage of 15m is one of the big advantages of the K1 (which uses a LC VFO
and heterodyne oscillators rather than a DDS) over the KX1.

73,
Mike / KK5F