Guys'..

Let's see if we can sort the "mess in my head" ...

Thinkin of building the "Sierra" (from that famous QRP'er and constructor we
all know and love..) later on in the year..

I have (if I can find it) a manual for "..a Sierra.." transceiver, I "think"
it's the Norcal version... but not sure..

What I need to get straight in my tiny mind is-:

1.. Are the "Norcal Sierra" and the "Wilderness Radio Sierra" the SAME BEAST
in ALL WAYS or SOME WAYS..?

2.. Are they a "totally different beast"...?

3.. Should I order the boards from "Dans Small Parts" and source the
parts..?

4.. "if" I were to order the parts from Dans, would I eventually end up with
virtually the same radio as the "Norcal
     Sierra" version of the radio or are there differences...?

5.. Could I use the manual for constructing a "Dans" version of the radio,
that I need to still find here...?

The "Wilderness Sierra" is usually the way I would go on things like this,
but like most of us, there are a LOT of projects
getting done here in the shack at the moment, so money is an issue for the
initial outlay.. Sourceing the parts (if the boards
from Dan's would make me end up with virtually the same radio as the
Wilderness Sierra version) would DEFINATLEY be the way I
would go this time... After all sourcing parts is half the fun ..right..!?

In the end if I "needed" for some reason, technically, or from the point of
a constructor, to order the "complete kit" from
Wilderness Radio instead, this would be a big financial outlay for me at
this point so would have to wait..

I hear y'all say "there is always the ARRL version" with templates.. Dare I
ask... is this yet a "3rd version" of a "different
Beast"... ??  All of the above questions I suppose will bring many varied
answers, but I would appreciate someone who can
explain this to me "like a kid in diapers"..

Can you guys please help me resolve this problem that I've admittedly had
for some time now.. You guys have an uncanny way
of solving most problems I have had over the years so I have every faith in
y'all..

Hope I've explained my predicament properly..

Here Goes..
GO..!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
72's