I have had an Autek Research RF1 for many years and
been pleased with it. I do wish the on/off switch was
such that it could not be turned on by accident. I
solved that by cutting a thin piece of wood with holes
for the switches and attached it to the unit with a
rubber band. Fits in pocket and easy on batteries.
I have been thinking of getting the VA1.
Seems that there have not been very many comments
about Autek Research units on this thread.

73, Ty, W1TF  K1 # 1423, BL2