We chose APP connectors for several reasons, and don't regret it in the slightest:

1. We used them on the K2/100 and all of our transverters, and have not had a single failure that I know of. That's many thousands of them. I personally use them everywhere.

2. It's an emerging standard (we decided long before the ARRL did, though).

3. 10,000 on/off cycles dwarfs what's possible with Molex connectors, and resistance
   is very low.

4. I've had a lot of Molex connectors (and the ilk) wear out on me, not just
   on mobile 12V power cables, etc., but also on electric razors  :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---