Exactly.  Human factor=Flashy knobs.  How else could you impress
a shack visitor if your radio had precious few knobs?  Big seller
for off shore rigs..panel full of knobs the majority of which one
never touches after that first day when the radio arrived and there
was lots to play with.  Contesting or rag chewing, there's not all
that many knobs one needs to turn, so where's the beef?

My buddy Charles, who I met at VU4, I say go ahead with Orion II.

de Joe, aa4nn