Steve,

Tell us more. The SSB OP1 filter as observed with Spectrogram in LSB or USB should show a relatively flat passband extending from about 300 Hz to 2600 Hz. I do not understand 'peak' in that context. It may be that your BFO frequencies are not adjusted properly, but your use of the 'peak' term causes some doubt about what you are observing. Can you be more specific and descriptive?

73,
Don W3FPR

Steve Kallal wrote:
It has been a few weeks since I built the KSB2 option. There is one problem
I haven't yet resolved. The response on the USB side of OP1 is not as broad
as the LSB side, and has a narrower peak. I didn't pay much attention to
this before. I've never transmitted in USB except for the digital modes
using RTTY reverse. I'm not much of a SSB guy.

These observations were made with the Spectrogram software. The symptoms are
quite noticeable by listening also.

73,

Steve N6VL
K2 #2289