I turned on my two-meter HT today and heard K6MF station from NASA Moffett
Field retransmitting audio from this morning's space shuttle launch.  I
checked Nasa TV and they were doing a replay of the launch video as well.
I grabbed this picture of the fires from the first orbital pass.  This is
from this morning, about 10-15 minutes after launch,  so probably just
before 9AM PDT.

Nasa has also its own page devoted to satellite fire imagery on their main
site (linked to from here as well).

The picture appears "upside down" from normal, probably due to the STS and
camera orientation.

<http://wa5znu.org/log/2007/10/view-of-california-wildfires-from-space.html>

Leigh/WA5ZNU