-----Original Message-----
  I bought a K2 serial number 5334 some time ago ... Transmit audio on
SSB ...  badly distorted audio that seams to me to have elements of
clipping at the peaks of words.  And also even when i whistle a single
tone I hear multiple tones in the second receiver. In addition, I would
have to characterize my audio a generally unpleasing.
--------------------------

I have K2 SN 5411 with the SSB board & Kenwood mic and it gives me good
clean audio on TX.  I tested and adjusted mine while monitoring on a 2nd
RX and transmitting into a dummy load.  Overload was no problem as the
bleed from the dummy antenna was strong, but not that strong.  I
actually recorded the audio from the 2nd RX so I could listen to my TX
audio without my own voice rattling around inside my brain.  After a few
tweaks I had the rig dialed in.

I then put the mic away and went back to CW which is where all the fun
is :-)

Sound like your rig is not right.

Does it sound OK on CW?

- Keith N1AS -