Eric

What name or series do they go under, do you have a link?

Am I right in thinking AMP is now owned by Tyco?

David
G3UNA

Interesting. I started using the AMP connectors several months ago and find them to be superior to Anderson's. The contacts are beefier, they are .035"
thick while the Anderson ones are .023" and the AMP ones have stabilizing
wings on them so they don't flop around in the housing like the Anderson's.
They mate more solidly with a distinct snap/click and it takes 8 pounds of
force to pull them apart as opposed to only 3 pounds for the Anderson's.
They mate just fine with Anderson connectors and with an AMP mated to an
Anderson, it takes 6 pounds of force to pull them apart. The AMP housings
lock together with an integral locking tab...no extra roll pin required. The spring is also stronger and holds the contact slightly higher in the housing
for more contact force.

Eric N3EF